Forum

Brown Belt Bumblebee  

RSS

Bubba Bee
(@smartbee)
Eminent Member Admin
12/05/2018 1:06 pm  

As a sample of how to enter your bee spottings, this is a Brown Belt bumblebee I saw in 2017 .  I found at least 8 drones flying in "zones" in a backyard in the area of 150th & 'F' St.

If I wasn't sure what it was or only knew it was a bumblebee but not what type, I could ask for help to identify it at this point in the post.

To upload your photo(s), simply click on the "Attach Files" paperclip icon at the lower right and it will open a window to find your photo, upload it, then select it and insert it into the post.

Brown belted Bumblebee   Bombus griseocollis , Meadowood Farm SRMA, Mason Neck, Virginia

I actually can't find the pic I took so I borrowed this one just to give an example.  This pic is courtesy of...

By Judy Gallagher [CC BY 2.0 ( https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0)], via Wikimedia Commons

Edited: 2 weeks  ago

ReplyQuote
Bubba Bee
(@smartbee)
Eminent Member Admin
12/05/2018 1:12 pm  

Seeing that someone asked for help to identify the bee in question, I or someone else might post in the comment section here that it is Bombus griseocollis, better known as the Brown belted bumblebee.

ReplyQuote
Share: